COME WORK WITH US: 2019 Internship Programme
OSISA is a growing African institution committed to deepening democracy, protecting human rights and enhancing good governance in the region. It‘s vision is to promote and sustain the ideals, values, institutions and practices of open society, with the aim of establishing vibrant and tolerant southern African democracies in which people, free from material and other deprivation, understand their rights and responsibilities and participate actively in all spheres of life.
In pursuance of this vision, OSISA‘s mission is to initiate and support programmes working towards open society ideals and to advocate for these ideals in southern Africa. Established in 1997, OSISA works in 11 southern Africa countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe. OSISA works differently in each of these eleven countries, according to local conditions.
Internship Programme 2019
We are looking for young, enthusiastic, motivated and driven graduates to join our OSISA Internship programme in 2019 in the following Clusters or Departments:
Democracy and Governance Cluster
- Enhancing civic engagement and inclusive public participation in pushing for democratic processes and institutions
- Pushing for Access to Information, Media Freedom and Digital Rights
- Promoting transparency and accountability in the public and private sectors
Economic and Social Justice Cluster
- Addressing structural barriers to equitable provision of education
- Addressing structural barriers to the attainment of health rights
- Promoting inclusive economies and development processes
Human Rights, Access to Justice and Rule of Law Cluster
- Human Rights Education, Promotion and Protection
- Justice Reform and Rule of Law
- Equality and Non-Discrimination
Women’s Rights Programme & Communications Unit
- Building voice and agency among women to challenge and remove the structural barriers that cause women’s discrimination and exclusion across all spheres of life;
- Building strong and effective leadership in civic spaces, movements, organisations and formations as well as in public spaces maintaining women’s rights and interests on national, regional and global spaces that shape policies influencing their live;
- Mobilising and tapping into the agency of young women using artistic and ‘artivism’ in their advocacy; and
- Generating stories, podcasts, social media posts, blog posts, infographics, animations, short films and developing scripts (audio-visual).
Human Resources Management
- Recruitment and Selection
- Organisational Development
- Benefits and Compensation
- Employee Wellbeing and Life Cycle
- Employment Relations
Detail Orientation, Efficiency, Collaboration, Creativity, Resilience & Composure, Eager to Learn, Communication, and Planning & Organising.
- Completed Bachelors, BA or BCom Degree in: Social Sciences, International Studies, Development Studies, Law (Must Be Interested in ‘Civil Society – Human Rights, Democracy, Governance, Economic and Social Justice, Women’s Rights), Communications and Operations such as Grant-making, Finance, IT, Administration or Human Resource Management
- No previous internship and or graduate programme
- No work experience (Essential)
Interested applicants should forward a one-page cover letter and detailed CV to email@example.com with the Cluster or Department of Interest as the subject heading.
Closing date for submission is 12 April 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response. OSISA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Building vibrant and tolerant democracies.