Advert for Administration Manager
OSISA is a growing African institution committed to deepening democracy, protecting human rights and enhancing good governance in the region. Our vision is to promote and sustain the ideals, values, institutions, and practices of an open society, with the aim of establishing vibrant and tolerant southern African democracies in which people, free from material and other deprivation, understand their rights and responsibilities and participate actively in all spheres of life.
In pursuance of this vision, OSISA’s mission is to initiate and support programmes working towards open society ideals and to advocate for these ideals in southern Africa. Established in 1997, OSISA works in 11 southern African countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. OSISA works differently in each of these eleven countries, according to local conditions.
OSISA seeks to recruit for the following key position:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance and Administration Director will provide strategic input with regards to administrative, travel and logistics services within OSISA. The Administration Manager will manage the Administration office and provide and oversee all relevant Travel and Logistics services to support OSISA’s vision. S/he will be responsible for the management of OSISA facilities, managing the provision of office administrative support services and facilitate travel requests to ensure compliance to the OSISA travel policy.
- Under the guidance of the Finance and Administration Director, the Administration Manager will develop OSISA’s travel strategy and policies.
- S/he will be responsible for the management of OSISA’s travel processes and procedures.
- The Administration Manager will oversee the provision of travel and related services and ensure OSISA is receiving competitive travel rates at all times.
- S/he will compile reports relating to travel for the Finance and Administration Director and assist in reviewing and approving costs related to all travel requests.
- S/he will liaise with finance and ensure that all traveling staff is equipped with the necessary resources and travel documentation.
- The Administration Manager will ensure all travel risks are identified and mitigated through the issuance of travel advisories, travel insurance amongst other measures.
- The Administration Manager shall also order and manage Forex and assist with VISA applications in conjunction with OSISA’s travel agents.
Office Management / Maintenance
- The Administration Manager will be responsible for the upkeep of OSISA offices and ensure that facilities are well looked after and presentable.
- S/he will manage relevant staff and external service providers to upkeep the OSISA’s offices in compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
- He/she will also manage the procurement of office equipment and consumables.
- The Administration Manager will develop and manage OSISA’s in-house mail system.
- He/ she will oversee the Logistic Officer and ensure OSISA staff receive letters, documents, and packages in a timeous manner, allowing OSISA staff to work efficiently.
- The Administration Manager is responsible for the management of OSISA’s vehicles and will manage all documentation relevant to vehicle licensing, petrol and insurance and ensure that vehicles are serviced regularly.
- S/he will engage with the finance unit where appropriate.
- The Administration Manager will also be expected to maintain a good working relationship with the building management and body corporate.
- The Administration Manager will ensure that all OSISA assets are adequately covered by the appropriate insurance cover.
- S/he will work closely with OSISA’s insurance broker to ensure that the most cost-effective insurance products are sourced for OSISA.
- S/he will also manage all of OSISA’s claims through the insurance broker.
- The Administration Manager will manage the coordination of OSISA events.
- S/he will liaise with service providers and the communications unit, ensuring such events are well-organised and OSISA’s brand is strongly represented.
- The Administration Manager will oversee and manage the units’ budget and set out clear priorities and timelines, the scope of work and planning of resources to satisfy the objectives of the Travel and Logistics unit.
- S/he will effectively manage the unit’s resources to ensure cost-saving initiatives are implemented and manage all service contracts including insurance contracts.
Work Environment and Staff Development
- The Administration Manager will ensure the Administration office is an environment that promotes growth, wellbeing, productivity, cohesive teamwork and effective communication.
- S/he will be responsible for ensuring the unit is integrated with other units within OSISA.
- The Administration Manager will instil OSISA’s values within his/her team and ensure staff are developed to their best potential.
- The Administration Manager will secure price quotations and prepares terms, conditions, and/or specifications for prospective purchases.
- Participates in bid tabulation, and places orders for materials, equipment, supplies, and services.
- Analyse production and procurement lead times to ensure customer requirements can be met.
- Liaise with other departments, exchanging information and giving Procurement support to their functions.
- Develop Service Level Agreements.
- Develop supplier base of main suppliers and alternate suppliers.
- Compile reports to update internal stakeholders of the status of procurement activities.
Results Focus, Efficiency, Collaboration, and Planning & Organising.
- A degree in Business Management or equivalent qualification.
- At least 4 to 6 years’ relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully dealing with procurement processes.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully building and leading teams.
Interested applicants should forward a one-page cover letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant position as the subject heading.
Closing date for submission is 05 July 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response. OSISA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Building vibrant and tolerant democracies.