Advert for Human Resources Business Partner
OSISA is a growing African institution committed to deepening democracy, protecting human rights and enhancing good governance in the region. It‘s vision is to promote and sustain the ideals, values, institutions and practices of open society, with the aim of establishing vibrant and tolerant southern African democracies in which people, free from material and other deprivation, understand their rights and responsibilities and participate actively in all spheres of life.
In pursuance of this vision, OSISA’s mission is to initiate and support programmes working towards open society ideals and to advocate for these ideals in southern Africa. Established in 1997, OSISA works in 11 southern African countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. OSISA works differently in each of these eleven countries, according to local conditions.
OSISA seeks to recruit for the following key position:
Human Resources Business Partner
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for providing advices on the transparent implementation of HR strategies in OSISA and the effective delivery of HR services using the HR Business Partnering approach. S/he helps to assess client needs, interprets and applies the OSISA HR strategy and policies, rules and regulations, contributes to establishing internal procedures and providing solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The HR Business Partner promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of the organisational culture. The HR Business Partner works in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations teams in OSISA ensuring successful OSISA performance in HR Business Partnering. S/he will build partnerships with managers and build capacity on all staff management issues to deliver a value-added service to line management and employees that reflects the objectives of the organisation.
Implementation of HR Strategies and Policies
- Under the supervision of the HR Director, supports the implementation of HR strategy in OSISA, the effective implementation of the HR internal controls.
- Ensures full compliance of HR activities through the HR Business Partnering model as well as compliance with OSISA strategies, policies and procedures.
- Interprets HR policies and procedures and provides advice to OSISA staff on their application, taking into account their particular needs.
- Conducts continuous research of the matters related to conditions of service and other HR policy matters.
- Supports implementation of key HR processes (succession planning, career development and transition), strategic recruitment, advice on contract modalities, learning plan and performance evaluation).
- Contributes to OSISA HR business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management and control of the workflows in the HR Unit.
- Undertakes advocacy for the implementation, monitoring and compliance of the HR policies including gender and harassment, career development and knowledge management.
- Ensures full compliance and completion by OSISA staff of relevant courses including on workplace diversity management, harassment, gender and others.
Effective Human Resources Management
- Under the guidance of the HR Director provides HR Business Partnering support in relation to the Employee Life Cycle.
- This includes supporting and implementing transparent and competitive recruitment and selection processes, updated job descriptions, proper job classification, vacancy announcements, screening of candidates, organization and chairing of interview panels and making recommendations on recruitment.
- Develops and maintains a database of job applications.
- Provides advice to OSISA management on staff member competencies.
- Provides advice on staff career development and training needs.
- Partner with programme team leaders and managers implement transparent and competitive process for programme recruitment by reviewing the TOR describing terms of payment based on performance, results, standard matrix of recruitment processes and request for contracts.
- Monitors and tracks of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, HR data, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations and provides regular reports in relation thereto.
- Supports the research and implementation of organisational of surveys such as the performance feedback survey, salary survey.
Organisation Development and Staff Performance Management
- Under the guidance of the HR Director, drives the successful implementation of the performance management system, talent management as well as succession planning in line with the OSISA HR strategy.
- Works with the HR Director to develop and implement the training and development plans and procedures for the organisation.
- Assists all units with training needs analysis and skills audits.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides input on unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
- Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Under the guidance of the HR Director ensures general compliance to labour legislation in each relevant country.
- Records all grievance and disciplinary procedures and attend relevant CCMA/ Labour cases.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors.
- Receives and effectively handling employee complaints, escalating these complaints to the level of disciplinary or legal action when necessary and updating employees and line management regarding with any changes in company policy.
- Provides advice to supervisors on the treatment of staff and company policies and responds to employee violations of policy in order to help resolve conflict in the workplace.
Remuneration and Staff Benefits
- Under the guidance of the HR Director monitors the remuneration and staff benefits to attract and retain OSISA staff.
- Helps develop the safety policies within OSISA and monitors the adherence thereof.
- Perform job evaluations when necessary.
- Conducts regular salary surveys and updates the salary scales accordingly.
- Conduct research and remain up to date on international trends in relation to staff benefits.
Supporting and Co-Operating, Organising and Planning, Interacting and Representing, and Interpersonal Skills.
- A Degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in the same or similar role.
Interested applicants should forward a one-page cover letter and detailed CV to email@example.com with the relevant position as the subject heading.
Closing date for submission is 14 November 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response. OSISA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Building vibrant and tolerant democracies.