Advert for Programme Associate ESJ
OSISA is a growing African institution committed to deepening democracy, protecting human rights and enhancing good governance in the region. It‘s vision is to promote and sustain the ideals, values, institutions and practices of open society, with the aim of establishing vibrant and tolerant southern African democracies in which people, free from material and other deprivation, understand their rights and responsibilities and participate actively in all spheres of life.
In pursuance of this vision, OSISA’s mission is to initiate and support programmes working towards open society ideals and to advocate for these ideals in southern Africa. Established in 1997, OSISA works in 11 southern African countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. OSISA works differently in each of these eleven countries, according to local conditions.
OSISA seeks to recruit for the following key position:
Programme Associate – Economic and Social Justice
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Team Leader, the Programme Associate will perform timely, accurate and professional administrative and secretarial support to the cluster. The PA is responsible for providing administrative support to the Cluster; grant administration, supporting cluster events – regional events, workshops, seminars and meetings; supporting the implementation of key policies, processes and procedures and ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the Cluster. The Programme Associate will provide administrative and technical support to the ESJ Cluster.
- Assist the cluster with support in developing the project plans.
- Assists the Cluster with support in the development and implementation of sustainable long-term research initiatives to support the programme.
- Assists with the facilitation of research and investigation necessary to maximise programme development and/or initiation.
- Supports the implementation of the Cluster strategies.
- Perform office management tasks as necessary including telephone, e-mail, and mail management.
- Prepares cluster documents and prepare and/or finalize memos and reports as necessary.
- Supports the management of the cluster programmes budget in order to set out clear priorities and timelines, scope of work and planning of resources to satisfy the objectives of the Cluster.
- Conducts preliminary reviews of the completeness of proposals and work with applicants to obtain additional information where necessary.
- Support the completeness of proposal and grant files and the recording of information in the internal grant making systems.
- Conduct research on grant making procedures as requested by the Cluster Team Leader.
- Ensures compliance with financial and other organisational policies procedures.
- Supports the organization of programme events and meetings.
- Provides support with regards to grant making procedures and processes.
- Acts as primary contact for grant related inquiries, responding as necessary to written and telephone requests for essential information about the grant making process.
- Assists the payments to grantees and ensures compliance.
Communication and Advocacy
- Supports the maintenance of the relationships with appropriate stakeholders for collaborative purposes and the achievement of mutual benefits.
- Provides an administrative and secretarial support function to the Cluster, supporting the Grants Officer ensure all administrative tasks are conducted.
Detail Orientation, Efficiency, Collaboration, Creativity, Resilience & Composure, and Planning & Organising.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or equivalent qualification or a combination educational qualifications, training and relevant programme administration experience.
- At least three to five years’ working experience in the same or similar role.
Interested applicants should forward a one-page cover letter and detailed CV to email@example.com with the relevant position as the subject heading.
Closing date for submission is 23 August 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response. OSISA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Building vibrant and tolerant democracies.