Invitation to nominate Board Members
The Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA – www.osisa.org), hereby invites nominations from individuals, organisations, institutions and civil society organisations for suitable candidates to be included in the Board of Directors.
Board members will be selected on the basis of their commitment to the principles of open society, and their ability to promote the aims and objectives of OSISA. In addition, a nominated candidate for Board membership will:
- Be a person of integrity and good standing in their sector;
- Be a citizen of, and resident in Angola, Botswana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, eSwatini (Swaziland), Zambia, or Zimbabwe;
- Demonstrate a mature understanding of the inter-relationship between the social, economic, political, and ecological terrains in their country of citizenship, especially in relation to participatory, transparent, and accountable governance, human rights, and social, economic, and administrative justice;
- Have good knowledge of the southern African region and be attentive to a southern African regional perspective that transcends borders and goes beyond specific national or sectoral interests;
- Have held senior management positions in organisations for at least seven years;
- Embrace innovation, diversity, and democratic processes;
- Be willing and able to set aside time to read Board documents and be willing to participate in the Board discussions on matters brought to the board for decision-making; and
- Have a working knowledge of English as the primary language of business of OSISA. Competence in Portuguese and/or French is an added advantage.
Board members need not represent any country but will bring specific technical skills, networks of contacts, programme expertise, institutional knowledge, open society perspectives from a particular sector, knowledge of multiple national contexts, or regional-level strategic competence to the Board.
To nominate, kindly send an email to: YokoP@osisa.org and attach a CV (with a 1-page Cover Letter) no later than Friday, 4 December 2020, with the subject line: OSISA Board Nominations
The Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA) is part of the global network of Open Society Foundations (OSF) and operates in eleven (11) southern African countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe. OSISA promotes open society values by working towards building vibrant and tolerant democracies across the region, through our various thematic and country programmes. – www.osisa.org