We Are Hiring: Finance Associate
OSISA is a growing African institution committed to deepening democracy, protecting human rights and enhancing good governance in the region. It‘s vision is to promote and sustain the ideals, values, institutions and practices of open society, with the aim of establishing vibrant and tolerant southern African democracies in which people, free from material and other deprivation, understand their rights and responsibilities and participate actively in all spheres of life.
In pursuance of this vision, OSISA‘s mission is to initiate and support programmes working towards open society ideals and to advocate for these ideals in southern Africa. Established in 1997, OSISA works in 10 southern Africa countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe. OSISA works differently in each of these ten countries, according to local conditions.
OSISA seeks to recruit for the following key position: Finance Associate
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Associate will implement OSISA’s financial policies, procedures and processes. S/he will ensure the accurate capturing of transactions, which will contribute to the timeously payments of OSISA creditors. S/he will be responsible for contributing to the overall objectives of good housekeeping and risk management in the finance unit.
Provision of Grants
- The Associate will support the finance officer in capturing grants payments requisitions in Serenic.
- S/he will be responsible for reviewing and submitting the payment requests to the Finance Officer/Senior Finance Officer for signature and authorisation.
- S/he will assist in reviewing grant expense reports before payments are made.
- S/he will prepare grant confirmations for grantees as requested.
Provision of Travel
- S/he will maintain and process the travel and forex accounts as well as perform reconciliations and respond to all queries relating to the travel account.
- S/he will reconcile all credit cards relating to travel expenses and will reconcile and close all advance reports on a monthly basis.
- S/he will provide the Finance Officer/Senior Finance Officer with a monthly schedule, highlighting all outstanding advance reports in respective employees travel.
- S/he will be responsible for ensuring that all supporting vouchers for travel expenses are submitted within 15 days of the expense being incurred.
- S/he will close all travel advances.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and accounts to donors, as requested.
- S/he will support the budgeting process and provide information and analysis relating to fixed assets and general admin expenses.
- S/he will reconcile general ledgers and perform bank and petty cash reconciliations s/he will support the finance officer by becoming involved in specific accounting tasks at year-end and during the budgeting process.
- The Finance Associate will assist in the preparation of the fixed-assets register
- S/he will also assist in calculating and recording deprecation on OSISA’s fixed assets and processing transactions of the disposal and acquisitions of assets.
- S/he will reconcile the fixed asset ledger to both the general ledger and the physical count.
- The Finance Associate will be responsible for regular cash counts and for reconciling the petty cash on hand to the cashbook.
- S/he will analyse the expenses incurred and for preparing the payment requests for the reimbursement of the petty cash float.
- Ensure all expenditure is supported by suitably approved expense vouchers.
- All petty cash accounts signed off by the holder of the cash and financial associate, any shortages in the cash to be reported to the Senior Finance and Operations Manager.
- The Finance Associate will be responsible for the preparation of monthly VAT schedules and invoices for the VAT 201 submissions to SARS.
- The Finance Associate will assist in preparing global forms for offshore payments.
- The Finance Associate will assist as required from time to time in the preparation of the management and financial accounts.
- The Finance Associate will assist in ensuring that all the documentation for the areas of which they are responsible is available for audit.
Detail Orientation, Efficiency, Good Judgement and
Resilience & Composure.
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification
- At least three to five years’ working experience in the same or similar role.
Interested applicants should forward a one-page cover letter and detailed CV to email@example.com with the relevant position as the subject heading.
Closing date for submission is 15 March 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response.
OSISA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Building vibrant and tolerant democracies.